Tuesday 10 July 2012

K9 Fitness- Knowing your dog seminar

The Course..
 
I ran the ' Introduction to K9 Fitness- Knowing your dog' seminar on 1st July, with one of my students. Becky Godridge, who is a fully qualified Canine Masseur. 

This course covered a wide range of topics that are really important to ALL dog owners, not just dog owners that are involved in a working discipline. However all the people booked on this course were either Agility, Flyball or had dogs that already had problems.

Topics the course covered

 Gait Analysis & Confirmation – understanding and knowing your dogs limits.
 Basic Anatomy
 Weight & Nutrition
 Spotting when your dog isn’t 100% - recognizing issues before they become problems
 Massage and Stretching
 Warm up and Cool down – Fit for function
 Muscle Building - Core strength and conditioning for performance.
This was the first K9 Fitness course Becky and I have done together. We have received lots a great comments/feedback about the day and have had countless emails asking when the next one is going to be.

We are defiantly doing more! :-D
You will have to keep your eyes peeled as Becky and I are currently discussing future dates and Venues throughout the UK over rest of this and next year.


The courses will be advertised on Webpages & Facebook, on various pages (links to the pages are posted at the end of this blog.) If you want to be on the e-mail list to be the 1st for updates of new dates, venues, e-mail me to you name to ..
lucyosbornedogtraining@hotmail.co.uk  and will be one of the first to know future dates and venues. :-) 
Some pictures from a section of the day and feedback off the students.
Talking through and then doing warm up Exercises.
Mum/Dad Look at MEEE!!!
Lecture :-p & Pro Plan Treatbags and Clickers
(freebie we gave out) Thanks PRO PLAN!
Becky giving advice, finally managed to catch her on camera :-p
Some very tired dogs, and handlers You Guys took in alot of information today :-)
 Man Tyding up! :-o
 Whats in that bag??? 



Just some of the comments left in the feedback book, from some of people that attended the day. Names were not asked to be left as I didn’t want people to feel pressured into putting a good response.


Thanks for a very useful day, very thought provoking and lots of new ideas.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very informative and I learnt a lot, Thank-you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really informative – Plenty to take away and think about before running my dog. Thank-you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I enjoyed the whole day especially the ‘hands on’ and muscle building in the afternoon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I learnt so much throughout the day. The gait analysis was well explained and there were different breeds to look at. Good/bad gaits were explained and gave me a much better understanding of what I should be looking for. The warm up, cool down, massage, stretching and muscle building were great. I have taken away so much and will be very useful to use on my injured/retired dogs too and well as my young and competing ones. Thankyou
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have so much to think about, lots of good ideas. I need to create a routine warm up and cool down to ensure I do it! Thank you for making me more aware.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very informative day, has taught me many things and how much I can tell off my dogs gait. I need to make myself more familiar with it so that I can try my best to help prevent any problems, aswell as making sure I get used to how my dogs muscles and body feels. The story and info made me defiantly think. Thankyou.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So informative, the course was delivered in an interactive and fun manor as sometimes they can get boring. This didnt you both kept us all awake thinking and on out toes. :-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dates are not on theses sites yet but theses are the places you will find them advertised
FaceBook search
Becky Godridge
Lucy Kate Osborne

Agility Buds Dog Training - Lucy Osborne
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.392565950799516&type=1#!/groups/184306248292155/


Canine Performance Thearpy
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Canine-performance-therapy/230597623700684

Available Training Days
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.392565950799516&type=1#!/groups/193927057335010/

www.agilitynet.com
 on the events page.



Lucy Osborne