Monday 2 July 2012

Agility Display At The Lincolnshire Show 2012

Wow I haven’t updated this blog in a while. I’ve been up to so much! I just need more time to get round to training my own dogs! Then, when I finally get time all it does is rain. Typical.

I ran an agility display at the Lincolnshire showground on 20th & 21th June. It was Agility Buds first Agricultural show display and it went Superb! Wednesdays was fantastic weather. All in T-Shirts and ¾’s and shorts, id Kinda forgot we got that type of weather in England. Typical that i forgot my camera on the weds! So only managed to get someone to take a few picts on the Thursday.

The displays went great! I put up a nice flowing course and got the audience involved. I was pretty nervous about being the one in the ring on the microphone and getting the audience going but as soon as I was in there with the gang there was no stopping us!
We got the audience cheering whist some of the dogs ran the course and the again at the end cheering for their favourite duo!

We then showed the audience some Fun Filled foundation games, it was the young dogs time to shine. This was a great opportunity for some of my student’s young dogs to get experience in an unfamiliar environment, and with their handlers probably feeling a bit nervous. The young dogs did fantastic and took everything in their stride! They didn’t even sniff at the pig poo from the racing pigs that were the display before us! A real boost of confidence for the handlers.

Jo Stewart & LuLu
Nicci Hindson& Narla
practicing rear leg awarness exercises

''BOX of TRICKS ''



Then on the last showing on both days we managed to squeeze in a relay which really hyped everything up including the audience.

Tina & Will in the Relay
Very well done to the Agility Buds team students that managed to make it. I received an E-mail from the organisers saying they had some fantastic feedback about our displays and I’ve confirmed our 2 day slot again for 2013! Well done guys!
some of the dogs from Thursdays display

Lucy Osborne